Media Search

Custom Search

Media Search Results

Sunday, March 16, 2008

cities from zero book


With recent events in Tibet it got me thinking about how the rapid expansion of China has destroyed so many things in it's wake.

This seems to be another Tienanmen Square for the Chinese people. This book examines the way history, culture, and natural considerations are swept aside to produce cities from dust, planning from ground zero. It looks at Dubai and China as case studies.

I wonder if this architectural urban planning could be applied to the pathological pursuit of power that is the cultural wasteland of Chinese neighboring countries, horrifically it seems so.

Tibet in exile
Meanwhile the sitting protest in London continues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.